To support and promote a healthy community thorough educational, cultural, and economic development opportunities that improve the quality of life in rural Ka‘ū.
‘O Ka‘ū Kākou, Inc (OKK) organized in August of 2006 exclusively for charitable, educational, cultural, and economical purposes. Activities and programs operate in the County of Hawaii, with the district of Ka‘ū. We are a nonprofit corporation qualified as a tax exempt entity under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c)(3). Operating income and assets are acquired largely by donations and grants, and on-going fundraisers. We are 100% volunteer-run community service organization that responds to a wide variety of needs, often partnering with other community groups to achieve our goals.
- Sponsored Annual Ka‘ū Keiki Fishing Tournament since 2007
- $5000 in scholarship funds to Ka‘ū students for higher education since 2011
- Rent Port-a-potties at South Point and Punalu’u boat ramp
- Sponsored Naalehu 4th of July Parade and Keiki Fun day since 2011
- Quarterly maintenance of 6 miles of adopted Highway 11 and Punalu’u Loop Road clean-up
- Quarterly Punalu’u Beach lagoon invasive aqua plants clean-up
- Restoration of Pahala Hongwanji Sunday school/dojo
- Ka‘ū Seniors and Kupuna care (yard maintenance, home repairs, installation of safety equipment)
- Assist other non-profits, school and community organizations, sports teams, etc with fundraiser events
- Restoration and maintenance of 5 historical cemeteries in Ka‘ū District